Our educational curriculum follows the Primary Years Programme (PYP) which espouses that children should be agents of their own learning. We articulate our programme in six key areas, which encapsulate our purpose and act as a cycle for teachers while planning the learning opportunities following the children’s interests.
The ECC programme at ISL develops:
- An understanding of relationships
- Curiosity and discovery
- Imagination and creativity
- An understanding of our place in the world
- Emotional well-being and communication skills
Through observation and analysis of the information of what children can do and understand, we monitor each child’s development. The learning opportunities are designed around each child’s personal strengths, skills and interests.
Communication with Parents
We are committed to working in partnership with parents. We value our daily communication with you at the beginning and end of the day. In addition, we will share information about your child’s learning in the following ways:
- our weekly blog, emails and letters
- visual displays of learning journeys
- a report of each child’s progress published in January and July
- opportunities for parent consultations to discuss your child’s development and interests at school
- flexible appointments where we can talk about your child’s learning and development