An exciting and varied field trip programme is used for educational, recreational and social development.
Field trips at ISL serve many purposes, some of which are to:
- enable students to study a region within or outside of Switzerland, using skills learned in their studies
- enable students to explore and gain insight into histories, cultures, customs and beliefs different from their own
- engage in a service activity and gain insight into the social and economic issues of less developed regions
- provide an experience of living together in a community
- participate in an outdoor recreational and/or educational programme
- participate in activities that promote team-building, reflection and leadership skills
Cultural visits have included London, Florence, Venice, Cortona, Paris and Provence, where art, architecture and history have been studied.
Outdoor activity trips have included sailing, surfing, skiing, hiking, climbing, mountain-biking, canoeing and rafting in the Swiss Alps.
We are also well placed for environmental, geography and science-based field studies locally and in France.
Service trips have included school-building projects in India, Tanzania and Zambia.